Energy Efficiency Specialist
Energy Source, LLC is seeking an Energy Efficiency Specialist to work on our energy efficiency programs and projects in our CT and NY service territories. They will be part of a team that will identify prospects, perform audits, sell, define and coordinate energy efficiency and demand reduction projects for primarily small businesses and other customers in Eversource, United Illuminating CO and Orange and Rockland, NY territory as well as work with the utilities to achieve aggressive energy reduction goals. This position will report to the Ridgefield, CT office Program Manager in conducting work. The opening is based out of our Ridgefield, CT office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct outreach and education to targeted customers and complete energy efficiency audits
- Tabulate and input audit findings in Energy Source proprietary CRM database with tablet
- Sign-up and audit multiple businesses per day in order to hit monthly markers of successful sales
- Determine qualifying measures and techniques and evaluate successful measure implementation
- Explain audit results to customers and effectively sell a project
- Timely reporting of weekly activities and audit results
- Represent Energy Source and utility partners in a professional manner at all times when dealing with customers, suppliers or contractors
- Support customers with the highest level of service and respect
- Manage a professional work environment and reputation reflective of Energy Source’s standards
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Additional activities as necessary
- Develop thorough knowledge of energy industry, structure, trends, and issues to ensure full discovery and understanding of customer’s primary business objectives and requirements.
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate full scope of Energy Source solutions and services to meet customer and utility energy savings requirements.
- Target and contact key decision makers and develop positive relationships to secure new projects opportunities, sales volume, and market share.
- Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, competitive activity and provide progress and execution updates.
- Seek internal technical project guidance to ensure achievement of customer satisfaction.
Qualifications to include:
- Ability to communicate energy savings in a simple manner
- Proven and successful track record in securing the sale of complex offerings from top-level management.
- Demonstrated business sales development, cultivation, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to identify customer needs, effectively communicates solution offerings, and position company as top choice provider.
- Highly effective and successful sales negotiation and closing techniques.
- Extensive financial planning and solutions experience with ability to develop a business case required.
- Active participation with local and regional customer-focused, professional, and industry associations.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, interpersonal, and technical communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships.